Simple Ways to Maintain and Protect Your Home
Often our home and property is our biggest investment that needs to be maintained and protected. While unexpected problems can and do occur, there are measures you as a homeowner can take to protect your home and safety now and avoid more expensive repairs later.
- Service your air conditioner to ensure efficiency for the summer months. Clean debris from condenser unit coils.
- Service your heating system in the fall before winter emergencies occur, replacing the air filter.
- Check your faucets to make sure there are no leaks to reduce increases in your water bill.
- Check caulking and weather stripping on windows and doors annually to avoid more expensive utility bills.
- Check caulking around sinks, showers and bathtubs, re-caulking if necessary to avoid water damage under tile.
- Check washing machine water supply hoses for leaks.
- Vacuum clothes dryer’s exhaust duct annually. If duct is plastic, replace with ridged sheet metal ducting.
- Check gutters for debris, cleaning out leaves and dirt to avoid water damage to roof, home interior and foundation.
- Check roof for missing shingles to avoid roof and interior water damage.
- Remove all hoses from outside faucets before winter freeze. Test outside hose faucets for leaks (inside home) when first using in spring.
If you are interested in a more complete inspection of the interior and exterior of your home, we are here to help. Contact us today at 303-442-6444.